Random Creativity

Creative stuff I make or think of and need to share with the universe.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Iced Coffee Break

Good morning! I'm waiting for a bit of troubleshooting assistance on my software for a project I'm working on, so thought it a good time to pop in on my blog and make myself an iced coffee!  Last Friday I made up a batch of coffee concentrate from a recipe I found on a terrific blog, thepioneerwoman.com.

I found the recipe and tweeted it and actually stop, dropped and whipped up a batch of the mix to try. Actually, the recipe calls for a whole pound of grounds, but since I thought I would test it out, I quartered the recipe and got quite a large amount anyway! When I got to the straining and filtering the grounds part that night, I didn't have cheese cloth as the recipe suggested, but I did pull off my french press off of my shelf and filtered it through that in a few batches and it worked great.

I also don't have a pretty little decanter yet so I have my glorious pampered chef large mixing bowl holding the concentrate now which works, but I couldn't find the cover so it has plastic wrap on it now. I'm surprised a hot dog hasn't ended up in it by now. I must look for a decanter as I believe this is something I will be doing from now on. Yum! I sweetened it with Truvia sweetener and since I'm "low-carbing" it right now, treated myself to real cream in it! Highly recommend!

Since, pictures are so popular on blogs, thought I would keep it real and take a couple of the coffee concentrate experiment in process. Please don't hold these pictures as a standard for my professional photography. What I actually did to take them was pull up my picture booth camera on my Macbook Pro laptop and snapped them that way. Quick, efficient!

  <<<< oh, remind me to leave the recipe for the bars on the counter in the background tomorrow! I had to whip them up for hockey banquet pot-luck! 4 ingredients!!!!!

  <<< Note so the boys wouldn't experiment with it!


What I thought was fun (okay it was strategic) is that my dishwasher quote made the picture! A friend of mine Amy is a rep of custom wall sayings, I can't think of the name of the company right now or I would mention it. ha! Also, my wonderful little TileSmile tile by the sink that reminds us all to "warsh" our hands. Warsh is how my mom always says, "wash", and I give her a hard time about it. Plus it lets me plug one of my favorite etsy.com sites. Tilesmile.etsy.com who made this tile for me!

Anyway, Ree Drummond over at thepioneerwoman.com has much better pics of her perfect iced coffee. Pretend my photos look like hers when you see it and when your there, spend some time on her site. My friend Meg recommended the site to me and it is really wonderful. Doubt if there is much "random" planning that goes into that site. It is lovely! In fact, I will make a shortcut on my links list to the right of my blog for you to make it even easier! I have never met Ree, but looking at her blog I think we would get together and both talk at the same time for hours and not miss a word either one said!

2 comments:

  1. Heeeeee!!!!! I'm so excited about your blog sister! It's like sitting in the kitchen having a conversation with you. You'll have to check mine out - though I don't write in it nearly as often as I should. I did however write something this morning as I was inspired by a great dining experience yesterday. Usually that is what I am inspired by these days - to write about anyway - food.:) go to ShadybRanch here at blogspot and find me.....
    I read Ree Drummonds book about a year ago. She has a fun story about marrying a cowboy. Having married one myself, it was fun to read about her journey, though much of what she is doing I already do and have done too. I grew up in Dallas, a city gal, and now live in a rural area, though not quite as rural as her setting. She's marketed herself very well in her new found country ness. Having the time of her life. Well, me too:) Cowboys are magical creatures. The real ones anyway.
    Thanks for the kudos about my site - it's so wonderful to have sweet gals like you recommending my work! It's a very happy day for me! Thanks and keep up the good writing! Love ya, Rachel at tilesmile:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grabbing my coffee and heading to your blog now Rachel! Thanks so much for stopping by! p.s. Ever thought of making tilesmiles large enough for garden paths? I would need some!

    ReplyDelete